- Power Receptacle. Poseidon S40 is a 7-outlet (EU, UK, US, AU) power distribution device for advanced audio and video electronic components. In all versions of Poseidon S40, the outlets are custom upgraded in our lab, in order to comply with the voltage and current requirements of our circuits.
- Power Line Filter. The unit contains an ultra low leakage 40A power line filter against Electro-Magnetic and Radio Frequency Interferences.
- Power Isolation. The circuit of Poseidon S40 is using 4 balanced power isolation toroidal transformers (depended on customer's preferred model). Our isolation transformers are made of ultra-high purity copper coils, with 4-edge binding topology on the secondary and 400Hz toroidal core plates with custom refined surfaces. The specific "recipe" is creating a highly efficient transformer, with extreme performance and zero ringing, that is not only constraining all of the field to the core material, but is also eliminating radiation of any type of electromagnetic interferences.
Poseidon S40 provides 4 or 5 balanced isolated power outputs (depended on user's preference) for pre-amplifiers, tuners, digital converters, class D amplification stages, phono stages, turntable motors and other low voltage consumption electronic devices.
- Virtual Grounding. Thanks to the exceptional design of our power toroidal transformers and the hard wiring configuration of Poseidon S40, the unit provides a high efficiency virtual grounding circuit that is able to eliminate (when connected to properly grounded power cables) all grounding problems of any system.
- Ultra-High Purity Copper Wiring. The internal wiring of Poseidon S40 is based on the 7N copper conductors (CX version) or 7N copper/silver/gold conductors on (CSG version) used on Andromeda and Golden Sequence power cables. The exceptional characteristics of these power conductors provide significantly increased conductivity and thus the lowest possible propagation delay between the internal components of the unit. This is helping Poseidon S40 to perform with impressive clarity, with superb neutrality and excellent balance beyond the limits of audible frequencies, and in the same time to reveal plenty of detail and to draw the 3 dimensions of the stage with excellent accuracy.
- Solid Billet Chassis. The chassis of Poseidon S40 is made of T8 aircraft grade solid billet aluminium in one of the most accurate CNC machines of today. The topology and the placement of the internal components of Poseidon S40, has been designed and calculated by a custom made software, in a way to provide the optimum shielding and the maximum protection against magnetically coupled and all kinds of external emitted interferences.
Hard Wiring Specifications:
Type: multi-core for CX version / hybrid for CSG version
Cross sectional area: 1,32 mm2 (high current ), 1,02 mm2 (medium current)
Metals: copper for CX version / copper, silver & gold for CSG
Purity: 7N refers to copper
Power Line Filter Specifications:
Operating Current: 40A/40oC @ 120V/60Hz or 250V/50Hz
Maximum Leakage: 0,23mA at 120V/60Hz or 0,57mA at 250V/50Hz
Capacitance (Line to Ground): 0,011μF ( 0,5MHz/0,5VAC)
Capacitance (Line to Line): 0,078μF (0,5MHz/0,5VAC)
Inductance: 0,43mH nominal
Isolation Transformers Specifications:
Coil: triple varnished OFC high purity copper
Toroidal Core: 400Hz highest grade core plates with custom refined surfaces
Transformers' Power: 2 x 400VA for CX version / 4 x 600VA for CSG version
Material: solid billet aircraft grade aluminium T8
Dimensions: 43cm (W) x 47cm (D) x 10cm (H) without spikes / 12cm (H) with spikes
Shipping Weight & Dimensions:
Dimensions: 51,5cm (W) x 57,5cm (D) x 18,3cm (H)